Censia is a web-based software solution that allows recruiting professionals to recruit faster, smarter, and better by using predictive algorithms and data-backed insights. We gather information about our users, customers, those that interact with our website or services, potential job candidates, and employees.
Types Of Information We Collect
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
Types of Data
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data
We collect your name, email address, and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.
We have a legitimate interest in providing account-related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used to access our services and to save your preferences.
Censia creates potential job candidate profiles for our customers’ use. These contain information Censia has gathered from publicly available sources, purchased from data brokers, or from the candidate themselves and includes contact information, education and employment information, demographic information, and background information. The profile may also include candidate information provided to our customers.
We collect the name, and contact information, of our customers and their employees with whom we may interact.
We have a legitimate interest in contacting our customers and communicating with them concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.
Cookies and first party tracking
We have a legitimate interest in making our website operate efficiently. Additionally, we also collect consent for the placement of some of these cookies.
We collect demographic information, such as your age, ethnicity, or location.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services. Some information is also collected as part of the employment process to comply with applicable law. Location information may also be collected to build a more complete candidate profile.
If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and makes purchases.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.
Employment at Censia
If you apply for a job posting or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.
We use information about current employees to perform our contract of employment or the anticipation of a contract of employment with you. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about our employees. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and workforce operations.
If you provide us feedback, request a demo, or contact us for the support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
We have a legitimate interest in receiving and acting upon your feedback or issues. Additionally, You may also consent to these communications by requesting them.
Information From Customers
Censia may receive information from our customers. This information includes, for example, any information you provide to our customer in connection with an employment application.
Inquiries and Leads
Censia collects name, company, and contact information from people who enquire about our services or about possible leads who may be interested in our services. Additionally, we may acquire or purchase this lead information from third parties.
We have a legitimate interest and responding to inquiries regarding our services in order to increase business. Additionally, You may also consent to these communications by requesting them.
When you sign up for our mailing list we collect your email and postal address.
We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.
We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when using our services.
We have a legitimate interest in identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile— devices.
We collect your name, billing address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number, ACH information, or other billing information when you purchase services.
We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with services.
Publicly Available Information
Censia collects publicly available information from sources like college databases, social media, LinkedIn, and other sources. This information typically includes education and employment history. Some of this information may be purchased from a data broker who collected it from a publicly available source and organized it according to our needs?
We have a legitimate interest in collecting information about job applicants on our customer’s behalf in order to provide our services.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding your opinions and collecting information relevant to our organization. Additionally, you may consent to this processing by electing to participate in the survey.
We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand the usage of our website and services.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
Use And Processing Of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or use our services.
- To provide services to you.
- To improve our services and offerings.
- For billing and payment purposes.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you purchase services we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to inquiries about the services you purchased. As a result, our collection and processing of your information are based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under the law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Censia has developed proprietary algorithms that it sometimes uses on information collected about individuals. The purpose of these algorithms is to identify patterns of behavior, either unique to an individual or to defined categories of people, which may enhance a customer’s use of the services. These algorithms produce a high-level analysis of job candidates that a hiring employer may use to inform their decisions about the application but do not in themselves reject candidates or make similar automated decisions. Customers make all employment decisions themselves.
Sharing Of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information if required of Censia by applicable law:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us using the information below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us using the contact information below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us using the contact information below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes. If you have an account with us, some of your information may be deleted via the account functionality or by closing the account.
- Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information. Censia sells some types of personal information. You can opt-out of having your information sold using the methods described in the Contact Information and Requests section below.
- Objection to Certain Processing. In certain situations, you may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Data Portability. You may request your data be provided to you in a portable and usable format using the methods described in the Contact Information and Requests section below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
- Promotional Mail. You may contact us at the contact information below to stop receiving promotional mail from Censia.
- Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
You may be able to create an account with Censia. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables a variety of features and functionality. Cookies can do this because websites can read and write them, enabling websites to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings). We use a variety of cookie types:
- Preference Cookies. Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the websites accordingly.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the website to work and to enable you to move around it and to use its features. Without these cookies, websites will not perform as intended and we may not be able to provide our website or certain services or features you request.
- Analytics Cookies. Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the website and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on a website, help us record any difficulties you have with a website, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage, rather than the usage of a single person.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising cookies are used for marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to control and erase cookies through their settings preferences. Note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. Additionally, some features may work improperly or not at all.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country, including the United States. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information, including but not limited to the use of EU Standard Contractual Clauses, where applicable. If you would like more information regarding such measures, you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Third-Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
Information About California Residents
Contact Information And Requests
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Effective Date: 02/24/2020